Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm almost free

Which means for me school is almost out. It has nothing to do with the projects I'm going to share but I wanted you to know.
Last week was Mother's Day and I made a few other projects that I wanted to share besides the half finished quilt. Since I was not able to send my mother her quilt I did make her a fabric necklace.

 I found a tutorial on Moda Bake Shop you can visit here. The pattern called for wooden beads smaller than I could find at Hobby Lobby so I improvised. It came out cute still but I do want to find the smaller beads and make another one.
Here I am modeling it. I had to wear it to school to make sure it wouldn't fall apart or anything. Experiment was a success.

My second project went to my lovely mother-in-law Sam Beech. A month ago I had shown her a sewing book I had gotten of purse patterns and told her to pick out her favorites. She choose three and I made her one for Mother's Day. I used some fabric I already had that I thought she would like (my mother had picked it out for another project so I had an inkling she would).

This bag is called the Everyday Shopper.
Its big and roomy and I included a pocket.

And if you are so inclined you and feel like polka dots one day you can flip it inside out and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment