Monday, February 14, 2011

Here I go Quilting Along

I've gotten behind in writing about my quilt-along blocks. I've finished two since my last post. Blame my precious pillow, she took all my free time. So in this post you get two blocks instead of one.

Block #5: All squares cut and ready to go.

Before I even saw the design for the block I had decided I wanted to use my teal fabric because as I said before pink was taking over. At the end I wasn't so sure but we will get to that in a minute. This block included a ton of little flying geese-24 to be exact. They were easy to make but a little hard to make sure all the points stayed pointy when they were attached to the middle of the block.

All done-as you can see the teal is pretty bright. So far this block is my least favorite but I still like it. I do love the cream and pink flower material that make the geese.

Block #6: Ready to go....


In this block I was able to use all the colors in the fabric collection and they look awesome together. I'm pretty sure this one turned out to be my favorite when I was done. I wasn't sure at first but when I was done all the colors look so awesome together. I think it will make block #5 go with my first four.


Tada!!! Isn't it beautiful?? I love it. The colors look better in person. I haven't figured out how to get good pictures of my fabric yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment